POR-15 Floor Pan & Trunk Restoration KitPOR49519 (18 in stock)
Repair Rusted Out Floors!
You'll save hundreds of dollars over replacement... and your restoration will be better than replacement because you'll never see rust again, whether it's a daily driver or a show car. You can maintain the integrity of the structure with no ugly welded seams. Our easy step-by-step instructions make it simple to restore floor pans, trunk pans, pickup truck beds, etc. You'll be amazed how complete it is... Everything you need is at your fingertips. Order your kit today!
POR-15 Floor Pan and Trunk Restoration Kit has everything you need to repair and restore your floor pan or trunk bed.
- One Quart POR-15 Cleaner Degreaser
- One 8oz POR-15 Metal Prep
- One 8oz POR-15 Solvent
- One POR-15 Epoxy Putty
- Four Brushes and Reinforcing Fabric
- Safety Mask
- Latex Gloves and Dispensing Scoop
- Two Pints POR-15 Rust Preventive (Silver and Black)
- One Pint POR-15 Top Coat (Chassis Black)
- MPN: 49519
Air Restricted State Restrictions: AK, CA, HI and PR
1. Remove all loose material with wire brush and vacuum thoroughly.
2. Wash area with POR-15 Cleaner Degreaser mixed with hot water, then rinse thoroughly.
3. Spray area to be restored with POR-15 Metal Prep and keep wet for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water and dry. It is very important that the metal is completely dry before applying POR-15 Rust Preventive Coating. Use a hair dryer to speed up dry time, and then wait overnight to make sure no moisture remains in the pores of the metal.
4. Be sure to use gloves, and with a scissors, cut pieces of PowerMesh Reinforcing Fabric to sizes desired. Overlap the holes to be covered by 1/2 “on all sides. Please note: if holes in floor pans exceed 1” in diameter, cover them from the underside with duct tape to avoid temporary sag. Duct tape can be easily removed afterward.
5. Apply a thin, but covering coat of POR-15 Silver Rust Preventive Coating to a floor pan and place the pre-cut corresponding piece of PowerMesh Reinforcing Fabric directly into the wet surface. Now apply more paint until the fabric is fully impregnated, but not puddled; too much paint at this time will result in bubbling, which is undesirable and counter-productive. Let dry 4-5 hours or until coating is dry to the touch with a slight finger drag. Continue and apply a minimum of 2 coats in areas repaired with PowerMesh Reinforcing Fabric
6. Use POR-15 Epoxy Putty as needed to fill in low areas, welds, etc. Apply POR-15 Epoxy Putty when POR-15 Rust Preventive Coating is completely dry and has been sanded using 220 sandpaper or maroon scuff pad. Drying time for POR-15 Epoxy Putty will vary according to ambient temperature (surrounding area).
7. Topcoat with one coat of POR-15 Top Coat Chassis Black. Remove duct tape from underside of floor pan and apply two coats of POR-15 Rust Preventive Paint on underside.
Information contained herein is to our knowledge true and accurate, but all recommendations or suggestions are made without guarantee. Since the conditions of its use are beyond our control, P.O.R. Products disclaims any liability incurred in connection with the use of its products and information contained herein. No person is authorized or empowered to make any statement or recommendation not contained herein, and any such statement or recommendation so made shall not bind the Corporation. Furthermore, nothing contained herein shall be construed as a recommendation to use any product in conflict with existing patents covering any material or its use, and no license implied or in fact is granted herein under the claims of any patents.